The 20th annual meeting of the Asia-Pacific Association of Pediatric
Urology (APAPU) is going to be held at New Delhi, India from December
14 to 16,2018. We invite the abstracts of papers to be presented at
the meeting. The last date for Abstract Submission is August 31, 2018.
All abstracts are to be submitted at apapu2018@gmail.
All the submitted abstract will receive the confirmation of receipt within 7 days of submission.
Terms and Conditions:
Preparation of Abstracts
- The submission of an abstract affirms that all authors named in
the abstract have agreed to its submission for presentation at
the Annual Meeting of APAPU 2018.
- Abstracts must be prepared in English. It is the responsibility
of the submitting author to ensure the abstract is in perfect
order with no errors in spelling or grammar, as revisions will
not be accepted.
- At the time of submission of the abstract, the data on which
the abstract is based should not be published anywhere, either
in print or online.
- Submission of an abstract constitutes the author's commitment to present the abstract
as accepted. Expenses associated with the preparation, submission and presentation of
an abstract are the responsibility of the author/presenter.
- Size:The size of the abstract is limited to 500 words. This includes title, body of abstract.
- Title: The title should clearly define the topic and contain no abbreviations.
- Authors: List the primary author's full name, followed by the other authors' names.
Completely spell out the names of all authors using full first name, middle initial and last name.
The name of the presenting author should be underlined.
- Body of Abstract: The abstract should be informative and detailed.
- The body must contain four separate paragraphs:
a) Objective b) Methods c) Results and d) Conclusions.
- It is NOT acceptable to state that "The results will be discussed." Inclusion of specific data is helpful to the reviewers.
- Standard abbreviations may be used as follows: for the first use, spell out the full term and then follow with the abbreviation in parentheses each time thereafter.
- Proprietary names of drugs are not allowed; generic names must be used.
5. The abstract submission category should be marked clearly
Abstract submission Categories
- Neurogenic bladder and Urodynamics
- Posterior urethral valves
- DSD and genital anomalies
- Reconstructive Urology
- Minimally invasive & Robotic Pediatric Urology
- Others (any fundamental and clinical researches on pediatric urology)
All the free paper presentations will be in the PPT format. All the presenters are requested to
strictly adhere to the time limit. The papers will be judged for:
- Style of presentation
- Content (new message)
- Time limit
- Response to judges questions
Format of presentation:
Oral papers: The duration of oral presentations will be 5+2 minutes.
e-poster: The e- poster will have podium presentation in PPT format with 3+2 minutes duration. Each e-poster can have 3 to 5 slides.
Video presentation: The video presentation is of 8+2 minutes duration. The video has to be submitted along with the abstract by google drive or wetransfer.
The abstracts will be reviewed by the scientific committee and those found suitable would be selected for presentation. All paper sessions will be moderated and will have awards for the first and second best paper.